Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Kickstart or Kicks started?

The first two days would have given an idea whether it is a kickstart to the semester or kicks started in the semester to most students. I'm hopping from class to class in search of my ideal course (something that gives me an A grade, knowledge, expertise and something easy). It is generally the combination of these expectations that is a mirage! I should finalize my courses and I hope that soon most of you will be able to do so too.


In other news, amidst heated debates and all, the IGSA cricket tournament is progressing smoothly. We'll probably have a report on it coming soon. Other events will be started soon too so we look forward to a great turnout. The enthusiasm should be that of booth capturers though the turnout should be a near 100% I'd say!

These apart, we're looking for ideas and designs for our first ever IGSA T-Shirt. At least to my knowledge this would be the first. At least, first in many years... We welcome ideas from anyone (UIC or not, IGSA or not) though I don't see how if entries don't come from our students, how they will from elsewhere! We'll record the name of the winning entry and make her/him famous! Some cultural events coming up include a Latin American event for which we (IGSA) were invited to put up food stalls.

For those who wish to contribute ideas, you're free to post your comments on these posts or email them to me or uic_incoming. Let's get ourselves a T-Shirt, I'd strongly urge. For a contingent as big as ours and that too of a university as reputed as ours, we should be famous!

Hoping you've had great first two days and that you'll continue to have great days this Fall semester. With anticipation of a great turnout for our events and contributions for T-Shirt designs I sign off.

Cheers!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mahesh Mohnani said...

cool.. looking forward to the Tshirt Design..

Happy Fall...

11:26 PM  
Blogger pulsar said...

i'm on it. :)

6:13 AM  
Blogger Shruti Godzilla said...

i want one too....i am a life long member of IGSA....and i shall post some designs.....if possible that is....once i get some free time from my busy schedule....and btw....i shall mail varun some pics of the ISA event here, there is a lot WE UIC IGSA can learn and do....and all the best with your cricket matches...keep me posted.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Varun T said...

Pulsar - You better come up with ideas or soon you'll be a black hole!
Shruti - Sure. In the last 2 meets we had discussed how we, without even looking at other univs, can improve IGSA a lot. And then with your feedback, surely we can try to change things.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home